Thursday, June 15, 2006

Curmudgeon? Moi?

One of the reasons I started blogging was to clear my head to write other things, like my book on Medieval Ashkenazic Culture (to be published by Brill), the monographs and lectures to which I'm committed, a commentary on Avot, and other sundry things. The idea was (indirectly) inspired by the 'Morning Pages' that are recommended by Betty Edwards in Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. Overall, I've found it works (and saves me from spending lots of time writing letters to the editor and Op-ed pieces.)

Nevertheless, I've noticed that the overall tone and topics dealt with here have (especially of late) gotten too heated and heavy. I've decided to try to balance things a bit more (though I can't not get passionate about the things that lie close to me raison d'etre).

Wish me luck.

UPDATE (in response to the comments):
I guess I wasn't so clear. I never said I'd stop being passionate. I simply feel that I'd like to do more positive posting to balance the righteous indignation. Things more like this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with passion.You can be an academic and still feel.